Evening Primrose Oil | EPO Benefits
Did you know that evening primrose oil is safe during this period? If you’re unaware and want to know then you are on the right page
Mostly women in that period were using natural ingredients as compared to medication. Evening primrose oil is the best natural ingredient for you to use during periods, because of its popularity, many women turn to using it. Before using any new supplement it is essential to know its safety measures and advantages.
In this article, we will explore the safety of taking the primrose oil during your period and its pros and cons.
What is Evening Primrose Oil?
Evening primrose oil is a yellow-colored flower, derived from the seeds, it is also known as Oenothera biennis. It contains, a high level of linolenic acid, Omega-6 fatty acid. The oil also has anti-inflammatory properties which enhance the body’s function and regulate your hormones.
Health Benefits of Primrose Oil
There are many health benefits of primrose oil, but some of the proven ones are included,
- Hormones Balancing: Gamma linolenic acid properties help to regulate your hormones and keep them in balance, especially in women. It decreases the chances of hormone changes such as mood swings, bloating, and irritation.
- Menstrual Health: Many females feel discomfort and may experience symptoms during their period, like breast pain, back pain, and mood swings. Anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce the pain and relieve it.
- Skin Health: Primrose oil is a good choice for skin health, it helps to reduce the inflammation effects and promote healthy skin. if you have acne on your skin or eczema, then primrose oil taken orally promotes a healthy skin condition.
- Bone Health: Omega-6 fatty acids and Gamma linoleic acid are very essential for supporting bone health, they keep your bones maintained, help in calcium absorption, and reduce the risk of many bone diseases.
- Heart Health: Primrose oil helps regulate blood pressure, control cholesterol levels, and reduce inflammation.
- Hair Health: Primrose oil is also a good choice for hair and scalp health, it keeps your scalp moisturized and reduces the chances of dandruff and itching.
- Anti-wrinkle: Primrose oil’s antioxidant properties reduce the effect of an anti-wrinkle line on your face. Regular use of primrose oil keeps your face youthful forever.
Pros and Cons of Evening Primrose Oil During Period
Hormonal Balance Support
Primrose oil has Gamma linoleic acid, which helps you to reduce hormonal signs such as irritation & mood swings.
Reduce Breast Pain
The anti-inflammatory properties of this Oil help to reduce breast pain and softness during periods.
Menstrual Pain Reduction
Mood Swinging Relief
Promote Hair Growth
Reduce Joint Pain
Promote Eye Health
Reduction Of Weight
Primrose oil increases metabolic functions which helps to promote fat burning.
Skin Allergy Reaction
Using this oil can affect your skin condition such as rashing and itching. It can be harmful if you have any skin allergy to plants.
Risk Of Blood Thinning
Oil can cause bleeding disorders such as blood thinning.
Not Good For Pregnant Women
If you are pregnant then primrose oil is not well established for you. Before using consult with the healthcare professional.
No Scientific Research
There is no scientific research on primrose oil that could be safe during the menstrual cycle.
Headaches as Side Effects
Many people experience headaches or migraines while using the evening primrose oil, so it is advised to consult a doctor before using this oil.
Can you put multivitamins and evening primrose oil together?
Primrose oil and the intake of multivitamins together are safe. The multivitamins provide a variety of vitamins and minerals while primrose oil provides many health benefits with the help of gamma linoleic acid.
Be careful about the dosage of these two supplements together, because excessive intake can be harmful for you. It is therefore advised to consult a healthcare professional before applying these supplements together.
Morning or evening when taking evening primrose oil?
There is no specific time to take the oil in the morning or at night. Many of them feel easy to take in the morning routine while some take it at night. You should set a routine to take it easy for you.
Evening primrose oil is well-known and beneficial for women during the menstrual cycle and promotes hormone balancing, reducing chest pain, reducing joint pain, and relieving menstrual pain. There are many pros and cons during menstrual periods, and it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before taking oil.
- Is It Okay To Eat Yogurt When You Have Menstruation
- Top 8 Essential Oil Blends For Stress And Anxiety
Q.1 What potential advantages could consuming evening primrose oil while menstruating offer?