What Is Melanin In The Skin?
You Should Know Types Of Melanin In Your Skin
- Eumelanin: This type of melanin produces the color of your skin, hair, and eyes. The amount of melanin produced in your skin depends on genetics and very much from person to person.
- Pheomelanin: This type of melanin is responsible for the production of color in your skin, eyes, and hair, it is lighter in color. It keeps your skin from the sun as little as eumelanin.
- Neuromelanin: Neuromelanin is found in human brains, it protects your brain neurons. The other types of melanin i.e eumelanin & pheomelanin responsible for the production of skin, hair & eyes, while neuromelanin controls the control of your brain neurons.
Do you know the Function Of Melanin?
- Protection from UV (Ultraviolet): Melanin observed UV (Ultraviolet) which helps to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Photoprotection: Melanin helps to reduce the damaged DNA in your skin caused by UV exposure.
- Eye Protection: Protect the retina in your eyes from sun harmful rays caused by light. It also helps to improve the vision.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Protect your skin from sunburn, skin aging/wrinkles caused by UV exposure.
- Color variation: It helps to keep your skin, eyes, and hair color for long ranges.
Have no idea How Much Melanin Is In Your Skin.?
The amount of melanin in your skin first depends on genetic, and environmental factors and 2ndly varies from person to person. If your skin is dark then you have more melanin as compared to the lighter skin male/female.
But the amount of Melanin can be reduced/changed with age or by sun exposure (UV)
Do You Know The Causes Of Increased Melanin Production?
- Sun exposure: Sub-exposure (Ultraviolet rays) is a common cause of melanin production in your skin. An increase in melanin production protects your skin from damage and sun rays.
- Change In Hormones: Hormonal changes commonly made in women during pregnancy increase the production of melanin.
- Skin Injuries: When your skin becomes injured, then the amount of melanin increases in your skin to protect the skin from more damage and helps to give you fair & glowing skin.
- Medication: Intake of several medicines such as antibiotics and anti-seizures increases the melanin production in your skin.
- Here are some home remedies for dry skin in winter that help to keep your skin from disease.
- Genetics: More people experience less amount of melanin due to genetic problems, as compared to less dark spot skin tone.
Signs & Symptoms Of Increased Melanin Production
If you are experiencing increasing melanin problems then you should know about these facts, including,
- Dark Spots On Face: The increased melanin production exposed dark spot on your face. this dark spot of various sizes and shapes appears anywhere on your body. Here is a treatment with natural ingredients for dark & white spots that can be removed.
- Rough/Bumpy Skin Tone: If the melanin production is in excess it can lead to rough/bumpy skin and appear with no skin area darker than others.
- Black Moles: Freckles or black moles are small and round spots, they may be brown or black in color. These moles appear on the face, hand, and legs in a very large amount.
- Treatment of Increasing Melanin Production
- If you are experiencing all of the symptoms, then here are some tips & advice for reducing melanin production.
- Intake of Vitamin C: As you know, intake of Vitamin C can save you from many skin diseases. It can help to reduce melanin production and brighten your skin, additionally improving the overall skin tone.
- Vitamin E: You should eat food, fruits, and vegetables that contain Vitamin E ingredients such as peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin, red bell paper, etc. It is antioxidant and helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots on the skin and Bumpy skin tone.
- Beta Carotene Supplement: Eat carrots which contain an increasing amount of beta carotene supplements. It is a type of carotenoid that can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots/circles on the skin.
- More Intake Of Minerals: You should intake more amount of Zinc,, it is a mineral that can keep your face from the appearance of dark spots and remove wrinkles in many ways.
It is very important to note that with nutrients it is not a substitute for medication and should be used in conjunction with sunscreen and other measures to protect the skin from UV rays. In severe cases, you should consult a dermatologist or nutritionist before taking any nutrient supplement to make sure that it is safe and appropriate for you.