When you start experiencing depression disorder, it affects your thinking negatively, for example, what you think, how you feel, and how you react toward your activities. Depression can vary from person to person depending on personality. However, approximately 20 % of adults are experiencing the problem of severe depression and mental diseases.
During the Depression period, you will feel unhappy and the happiness of others also affects your personal feelings. The most important factor of depression is sadness/laziness and all these factors gradually affect your child’s life.
If your parent’s behavior towards you is not good, it also affects your / adults’ life and keeps moving them to the null depression. Due to arguments between parents in front of their adults. This means that the negative behavior of parents is also the cause of adults’ severe depression.
- Are You In Severe Depression?
- Do You Know The (U.S.) Depression Ratio Of Adults?
- Causes of Depression
- Diagnostic Criteria Of Severe Depression
- Most Common Depression Types
- How to Cope With Depression
- Best Psychology Counselling Techniques For Depression Treatment
- How Can Deal With Depression When At Home?
- Frequently Ask Questions?
Are You In Severe Depression?
If you are experiencing severe depression/ serious mental health disorder that can have a significant impact on the lives of your adults. It is characterized by extended periods of deep sadness, hopelessness, and despair, as well as a lack of motivation.
Severe depression can also lead to physical symptoms such as changes in appetite, insomnia, and fatigue. It can be extremely debilitating and cause people to struggle to engage in everyday activities, making it difficult for them to maintain relationships, work, and other important responsibilities.
The impact of depression on your personality varies from time to time. Some common symptoms of severe depression include feelings of worthlessness, social isolation, difficulty concentrating, and suicidal thoughts. Additionally, depression can affect your behavior as well, leading to irritability.
Do You Know The (U.S.) Depression Ratio Of Adults?
The depression ratio varies from country to country, but when we talk about US Nation the National Institute Of Mantle Health already published research in 2020 about,
- 8.4 % of US adults out of the 2.1 Million population involved in depression.
- 6.2% of US males and 10.5% of females are involved in depression.
- teenage from 18 to 25 age about 17% are involved in Depression.
Causes of Depression
There are many causes of depression that affect adults and keep moving them to severe depression, which badly affects their personality and overall their life.
- The death or separation of love once.
- If adults are dual personalities by birth then everyone avoids them, due to which depression takes place in adults.
- Continued illness due to chronic medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes & physical pain.Other mental health conditions:
- Severe depression can sometimes be a symptom of other mental health conditions, such as anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).Side effects of drug use for medical conditions.
Diagnostic Criteria Of Severe Depression
- Physical aggression on people or property.
- Physical body pain continues.
- Drinking more alcohol than a normal routine.
- If your weight is gaining continuously.
- If you forget about everything in routine life.
Most Common Depression Types
Harvard Medical School provides the six most common types of major depression involved in adults. If you are facing depression symptoms then you should consult your doctor for counseling.
Major Depressive Disorder
If you or your loved one suffering from depression. If you think about a suicidal attack or you feel some warning signs of suicide then you are in major depressive disorder by DSM-5 Edition. The common and dangerous statement in this disorder is ” I am going to kill myself“ I want to die” I want to sleep but wish not to wake up” Now this is the red sign of worrying. At this stage, you should consult a psychologist/Mental health professional.
Major Depressive Disorder Treatment
You can follow these tips to avoid MDD (major depressive disorder),
- Intake of antidepressant medication that affects your brain and keeps you in a relaxed mood.
- proper therapy can help you identify the thoughts during the depression period.
- In severe depression, electric shot/therapy is applied to stimulate the brain.
Dysregulation Disorder (DD)
If you are experiencing that you or your child are mostly time in aggression, irritating you, anger all the time, and intense temper outbursts. It is a category of the DD stage. it should be treated through the individual approach discussed in DSM-5th Edition, besides consulting with the mental health professional for treatment.
Dysregulation Disorder Treatment
- Mood stabilization medication is used to keep your mood swinging.
- Stimulants medication used to keep attention and improve focus and impulse control.
- Different physiotherapy is applied to identify your thoughts and behavior.
- Family therapy is used and applied to improve communication and relationships.
Bipolar Disorder (BD)
Are You experiencing extreme energy in your body or feeling at the top of the world as well feeling with irritating mood as explained in DSM-5th Edition, If you feel a decreased need for sleep and speak fast or have the increasing stability of working more than a common routine.
Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Seasonal Effect Disorder (SAD)
If you feel any disordering issues in the evening or in sunlight mostly in the winter season. When on a short day such as December, January, or February you feel sad, alone, and unhappy during the dark, then you are exercising seasonal effect disorder (SAD).
How to Cope With Depression
If you or your adult child is experiencing Major Depressive Disorder then a secret tip for treatment is,
- Take deep breathing 3 times daily in a relaxed place at your home, otherwise, it will lead the side effects.
- Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep & avoid the intake of drugs or alcohol.
- Focus on these things which keep your thinking positive instead of negative things as harmful to your life.
- Eating dark chocolate will increase serotonin levels and decrease the chances of depression.
- Try to join communities or groups where you can connect with others who are also experiencing depression.
- Add these veg to your routine meal, it will keep you thinking positive and motivated.
- Exercise can help to reduce depression levels and improve your mood as well as behavior.
- Spend more time with your loved ones or family members, or take on the phone to avoid fewer feelings.
If a major depression takes a deeply severe position then consult with a counselor or mental professional.
Best Psychology Counselling Techniques For Depression Treatment
- Try to find physical and workable goals, which you can easily accomplish. such as work that you can easily control, is easy for you, and is meaningful. while doing this work if there is anything wrong, then don’t be disappointed, just be motivated by what you learned from this goal.
- Try to be busy with physical activities such as walking, outings, or cycling.
How Can Deal With Depression When At Home?
Depression is challenging when you are at home, but there are proven ways that can be followed to treat it at home.
- Establish a Routine: Regular mealtime and sleep can build your structure and stability, which will help you to control.
- Stay Active: Try to engage yourself in physical activities such as exercise at home, which can help you to boost your mood.
- Intake Of Proper Medicine: Take the medicine as prescribed by the healthcare professional, that will help to reduce the depression symptoms.
- Avoid Social Media & News: Try to avoid social media use on mobile and also the newspaper.
- Share With Your Friends: Meet with your loved ones to share your feelings with friends.
Severe depression can take a major toll on an individual’s life. It is important to remember that help is available, and that individuals do not have to suffer alone. Talking to a doctor or a therapist can provide support and treatment for those dealing with depression. With the right care, you can work toward recovery and cope with your depression in a healthy and meaningful way.
Frequently Ask Questions?